L&E actuaries understand the complexities of regulating life insurance, health insurance and property & casualty insurance companies. Our actuaries built their careers observing and facilitating the process of establishing new and maintaining current regulatory laws and regulations. We know what you are up against and are ready to help with a blend of technical expertise, industry experience, practical judgment and effective communication. Our actuarial services include the following:
State insurance departments:
- Actuarial Examinations relating to adequacy of reserves and prospective risks with respect to periodic examinations of insurance companies. Includes reinsurance review and analysis as well as a detailed assessment of asset adequacy techniques.
- Risk-Focused Examinations including both comprehensive and targeted examinations.
- Transaction Approval Process Assistance including demutualizations or company financial condition review relating to Form A or other license or charter applications.
- Actuarial Review of Product and Rate Increase Filings for all health insurance products as well as life insurance products, and personal and commercial property and casualty insurance products.
- Assessment of Healthcare Reform Initiatives including the impact of Health Benefit Exchanges, expansions in public programs, and other ACA reforms.
- Development of Rate Review including recommendations for states to comply with federal requirements and state-specific enhancements that will allow a meaningful and transparent process for a specific state
- Actuarial Valuation Preparation relating to blocks of business or impaired insurance companies.
- Locating Potential Buyers and Reinsurers for blocks of businesses and companies
Other regulatory agencies:
- Development of Rate Review Programs including compliance with federal healthcare reforms and assessments of the best approaches to maximize consumer value.
- Company Tax Reserves and Liabilities Reviews used in the determination of federal income taxes. Qualifications include the ability to review the capitalization and amortization of deferred acquisition costs.
- Determination of Contract Qualifications for life insurance products as defined by the Internal Revenue Code.
- Proposed Law and Regulation Reviews before enactment or adoption by state legislature and insurance commissioners to ensure consistency with National Association of Insurance Commissioners models.
- State Self-Insurance Program Reviews and Valuations necessary to ensure such programs are adequately funded.
- Expert Testimony on your behalf in legal arguments.
Consultants to Contact
“We are extremely pleased with their work to date and would highly recommend their professional actuarial services for your needs.”
-- Oklahoma Department of Insurance