The cost-effective edge in actuarial support
Public and private employers of all sizes choose L&E as a foundation for the most strategic and cost-effective approach to managing their risks. L&E is the experienced navigator helping you travel the winding road of employee benefits. L&E's knowledge and expertise empowers both public and private employers of all sizes to make the best decisions. L&E is your total solution for exploring the big issues, including plan design and long-term funding strategies.
Employers count on our specialized service in managing employee benefit programs and other similar business risks including:
- Developing adequate and reasonable reserves for self-funded health plans
- Setting appropriate contribution levels for employees, retirees and COBRA enrollees
- Understanding the costs and savings of benefit options for life, medical, long-term care, retirement and workers' compensation plans
- Determining post-retirement or post-employment liabilities relating to group health and retirement plans
- Measuring cost-effectiveness and legal compliance of resource pools among employer groups
- Analyzing cost-effectiveness of PPO networks with special attention to reimbursement levels
- Comparing your costs to Benchmarks using the L&E Health Care Cost Model
- Valuations and disclosure for FASB ASC 715-60, FASB ASC 765, GASB 74, GASB 75, AND IAS 19.
Maximum risk management
L&E actuaries go beyond explicit actuarial calculations to put their extensive employer and insurer experience to work on your most pressing concerns:
- Workers' compensation costs
- Long-term costs and savings of consumer directed health plans including GAP plans, health care reimbursement accounts and health savings accounts
- Pros and cons of self-insurance
- Risk management focused on minimizing costs related to increased risk
- Effective communication of business risks, costs and benefits to employees
- Should advance funding be considered?
- How can expenses and/or unfunded liabilities be reduced?
- What will the expenses look like in the future?
- What plan design modifications will optimize expenses and retiree appreciation?
Regulatory and compliance experts
L&E offers essential support for your health plan, retirement plan, workers’ compensation program or other similar risks. We design action plans specifically for employers to comply with HIPAA Title II. If you provide medical benefits for your employees, we’ll make sure you’re always in compliance with new laws and standards.
L&E works closely with employers’ service providers to enhance the potential of key practice areas. Advisors, brokers, third-party administrators and other businesses catering to employers’ needs rely on the complementary services we can provide in a trusted and professional manner.
Consultants to Contact